If a caesarean is required for your pet, we have full surgical facilities to perform this procedure at Dapto Veterinary Clinic.
Signs of difficulty giving birth include:
- Lack of abdominal contractions
- Blood loss from vulva
- Lots of green discharge from vulva
- Pup that is visibly stuck in birth canal
- More than 2 hours between pups
- If bitch seems very distressed and more unwell than expected
If you are concerned about your pregnant pet in labour, please call us on (02) 4261 4055. If you have called after our hours of operation, we have an answering service which will offer the after-hours contact number.
Book an appointment today!
Allergies are one of the most common conditions we see in our dogs in the Spring and Summer every year. If your dog suffers from allergies you may notice any of the following symptoms / clinical signs: Licking their feet Chewing their feet Scratching their ears,...
It is Pet Dental Health Month! Dapto Veterinary Clinic is offering Delightful Dental Discounts for the duration of August:
• FREE dental examinations!
• 10% off all dental scaling & polishing!
• 10% off all Oravet dental hygiene chews!
Our senior pets require just as much attention and vet care as when they are puppies as this is when they need some help when certain parts of their body aren’t functioning as well as they used to. Some simple things you can do to help…